30 August 2010

Wake up to the truth!

I think it is important to look at the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico and ask yourself, "Would I encourage the world to continue using these crude oils that can do so much harm to our environment without much effort by us. This poll that I found on Gallup.com, http://www.gallup.com/poll/1615/Environment.aspx, actually scared me.

The poll asking whether or not citizens believe the seriousness of global warming was either generally exaggerated, generally correct, or generally underestimated. The percentage of people who believed it was generally exaggerated went up from 35%to 48% in less than two years which is interesting because I would expect to to the opposite with the continued evidence of global warming environmental effects.

2 comments:

  1. When it comes to climate change I think it is difficult to get a true gauge of what people are thinking. First off there is the question of knowledge. A lot of the general public is uniformed about the issue, myself included. So most people are looking to the media to give some insight to the situation and that's obviously skewed so I don't think those results are very surprising given the media's reputation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can believe that a lot of people do not know much about the issues and what the options are. I also don't blame them for being oblivious it's the media's fault for not informing them. I just don't see why people can think it is a hoax or when they refuse to accept it into society?

    ReplyDelete